Heather was born and raised in Homer, NY where she attended Homer High School. She followed her high school education by attending the University of Connecticut. She completed her schooling and earned a degree in Exercise Science. While in college, Heather was a walk-on for the Huskies track team. Her top accolades include:
- Five time – All American,
- Big East Outdoor Championship 800m – 1st place,
- ECAC Outdoor Championship 1500m – 1st place,
- Big East Indoor Championship 800m – 1st place.
Following her collegiate career Heather joined the New Jersey – New York Track Club and continued to rack up some very impressive accomplishment including:
- Olympic Trials Qualifier – 1500m
- USATF Indoor Championship Qualifier- 1500m
- IAAF World Indoor Championship Standard – 1500m
- USATF Indoor Championship Mile – 5th place
- Morton Mile – 2nd place
- 60th U.S. Woman in History to Break 4:30 Mile
- USATF One Mile Road Championship – 4th place
- Outdoor Championship 1500m Qualifier -USATF
- USATF Outdoor Championship 1500m Finalist
Heather became the 60th U.S. woman in history to break the 4:30 barrier in the mile, clocking a 4:29.39 in the summer of 2015.
She credits her coach Francis X. Gagliano as a key provider of guidance, knowledge, motivation and expertise to help her achieve.
Heather is extremely competitive and driven. This competitive nature also provides her with energy to volunteer in such activities as:
- Girls on the Run Assistant Coach/Volunteer,
- Aim High Running Camp Counselor/Speaker,
- Pacer Princeton XC Relays Volunteer,
- Clinton Dept of Recreation Junior Olympics Volunteer,
- GSTC Awards Banquet Speaker/Award Presenter.
When Heather is not running or volunteering, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, cooking, drawing/painting and she is currently learning to play the guitar. Furthermore, Heather is quite accomplished in being a Knower of Random Useless Facts which makes any conversation with her enjoyable and entertaining.
Finally, Heather is currently an assistant XC/track coach at Le Moyne College in Syracuse, NY.