Devin Corboy is a very unique individual. We are featuring him in our “In the Spotlight” section after we learned of his nickname Mr. Awesome. He is somewhat of a local celebrity at Patti’s Pasticceria Inc. coffee and pastry shop. That is where we learned of his nickname. As a side note, if you want a very memorable tasty treat, we suggest you go to Patti’s and try the Zeppoli doughnuts filled with creme. Of course we were partial to the chocolate creme being a Cocoa-oriented company. You can also ask the owner about Mr. Awesome.
Devin is an avid cyclist, coach, mountaineer and humanitarian.
He is currently a Pediatric ICU Nurse Specialist at the Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC. He also enjoys mentoring young athletes and freely offers cycling advice to anyone who cares or wants to learn more about the sport. He has had his coaching credentials since 2009 and you routinely find him at local biking events.
He grew up in Bridgeville, PA and attended Chartiers Valley High School , located to the south of Pittsburgh. After high school, Devin attended both Point Park University and the University of Pittsburgh in Undergraduate studies. He also attended Shadyside School of Nursing for his RN degree. He is currently enrolled at Chatham University to continue his studies even further.
Some of Devin’s achievements are:
- Current Team Captain of “Dynamic Physical Therapy Cycling Team powered by Pathfinder
- Pediatric Critical Care Registered Nurse
- Allegheny Cycling Association Board of Directors 2010-2012
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certified
- 2006 Allegheny Cycling Association C Series Champion
- Registered Nurse
- 2007 Best Rider Award
- Trauma Certified
- 5th place overall 2013 ABRA Criterium Series
- Association of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses – Chemotherapy Administration
- 4th place overall 2015 ABRA Road Race Series
- 2014-15 New Hope Society (Nepal Nonprofit organization)
- Humanitarian Recognitions for Disaster Nursing Support Services (May 2015 & November 2015)
During 2015, Devin embarked on a journey to help support the victims of the Nepal earthquake. Please take the time to read and learn more about Devin’s humanitarian activities by visiting here.
We are confident that after reading about his trip, you will also recognize him as Mr. Awesome. We are honored and greatly pleased to recognize Devin for his constant and unending giving to those in need.
He is truly a Man on a Mission.